Ginger tea is my go to for days when I am hungover, feel under the weather, and/or need to detox. It is also my favorite beverage for the car; it is refreshing, leaves you with nice breath, and doesn’t stain if accidentally spilled. I have always bought tea bags but recently I have begun to make it from scratch. It is so easy, there is really no excuse and it is nice to have a pot all day long.
|Ginger and a sharp knife are all you really need|
- one 3 or 4 inch piece of ginger
- lemon slice (optional)
- agave syrup (optional)
- Cut the ginger into thin slices, you can leave the skin on.
- Fill a kettle or medium sized pot with water and add the ginger.
- Put the kettle on to boil, once it boils lower the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 45 min.
- Strain the tea and drink. You can add more water throughout the day if you would like.
- Leftover tea is excellent refrigerated and served iced with a slice of lemon and a spoonful of agave syrup.